Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Hunter's Star Quilt

In response to Jo's request over at Jo's Country Junction, to post about something new I have tried and either liked or disliked, we are going to talk about Deb Tucker's Rapid Fire Hunter's Star Ruler.  This is one ruler that has multiple uses during the cutting and construction of the quilt.  You have a choice between finished block sizes ranging from 6" to 8" using her smaller ruler.  Ambitious me, decided on the 6" finished block, as four of them go together giving you a finished size of 12".  Remember, I am accustomed to making Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville quilts and they have lots and lots of small pieces, so that is what I am used to.

The ruler works great.  I found it easy to use and Deb Tucker has a great video that tells you exactly how to use it.

And here's the finished product.  A bed size quilt that measures about 106" x 96".  All done in batiks.  Isn't it lovely???




Yes, I realize that there is a "tree shadow" on the quilt in the last photo but the gorgeous Tennessee winter sky was too pretty to resist.  I had to include that picture.

Happy Sewing, all.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt! I have that ruler and have seen the you tube video multiple times but haven't made a quilt yet. It is on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH..amazing quilt!! I may have to try that ruler out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous -- and I like the tree shadow. It adds drama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt. My friend is going to loan me hers for me to try it. I have many of Deb Tucker's rulers and like all of them that I've used. Note to self... make sure you've used all of the ones you own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used my Deb Tucker rulers yet, but i'm gonna soon. I promise!!

    ReplyDelete