Sunday, December 2, 2012

Bonnie Hunter Quilts

In response to Shirley's blog post asking how many Bonnie quilts we had each completed, I thought I would share a few photos.  I do not have photos of all of my "Bonnie" quilts.  Some were near duplicates and have been given as gifts but here are a few.

My first was Carolina Christmas, which I gifted to my sister on her birthday in February following the mystery.

My second was Pineapple Blossom.  I was inspired by Elaine A.'s beautiful quilt done in shades of blue.  I have actually made three of these and have the fourth half done.

Then came Roll Roll Cotton Boll, Bonnie's 2010 mystery.  This one is a queen size, and then I made an identical quilt in a king size for a friend, so that made two of these. 
Then came Kiss in the Corner, which was a gift for our granddaughter who married the following June.  (Appropriate name for a bride, don't you think??  Kiss....)
THEN I received Bonnie's newest book, Scraps and Shirttails II, and fell in love with Tumalo Trail.  This one went home to Miami, Fl with a friend who also fell in love with it.
Of course, we had Orca Bay, as our last 2011 Mystery, which I renamed my Tennessee Stained Glass because I just thought it looked like a  beautiful stained glass window.

I have Jamestown Landing almost done, but no photo and am almost done with another Pineapple Blossom.

Am also working on my Easy Street Mystery.  Step one is done.. Step two is in progress and I went ahead and started a second one in Bonnie's colors... but only have a portion of Step one finished on the second one.

Happy Sewing Everyone!!

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Great photos.....THANKS CATHY. I really enjoyed seeing your Quiltville BONNIE Quilts. You inspired me to do a better job of photographing my quilts!

    HAPPY SEWING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the virtual quilt show! Very impressive line up! Please consider taking out the dreaded "word verification" feature from the comments section of your posts. Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for making it easy to comment! Your blog is beautiful and I confess that I envy your sleigh bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are stunning and look wonderful on the beds. You made 4 Pineapple Blossoms? Impressive. I have yet to finish my first one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all beautiful. What lucky friends and family you have to have been gifted some of these lovely quilts. I have not been able to give any of my mysteries away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you figure out how to change Bonnie's mysteries from queen to king size? Is there a % more you do? I'd love to take Easy Street up but have no idea what to do.

    Janice in TN

    ReplyDelete
  7. My email is jespilgrim at aol.com

    Janice Spitzer
    Joelton TN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Impressive. Now I think I may have to start counting mineup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My you are a busy lady. I love all of your quilts.

    ReplyDelete