Monday, December 26, 2011

Orca Bay Part Six Done!

Hi all.  I have been participating in Bonnie Hunter's new mystery quilt, Orca Bay.  Clue no. 6 was released this past week and am happy to say I have completed it!  Unlike last year, when I substituted alternate colors for the ones Bonnie was using, I am sticking with her color scheme this year and I am so glad I did.  I love the contrast of the crisp black and white and anytime I can throw some red in a quilt I am a happy quilter!

 If you aren't familiar with Bonnie Hunter and Quiltville hop on over there and check it out.  It is absolutely the best quilting website and it isn't too late to join in on her mystery!

As I said yesterday, this blogging thing is new to me.  So be patient.  I am getting there.

I hope everyone survived the holidays and can sit back now and enjoy lots of sewing time:)

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your blog looks great. I will follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! Love how they are laid out on the design floor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi My blog is a newbie, too...love your mystery quilt blocks; I will be following you...we are celebrating our Christmas today in our family because of work schedules,...Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks, are you eagerly looking forward to the next step? we will be making more blocks, such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work...doesn't the orange look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on being up to date, I'm still on clue 5! Blocks are looking great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks look great! My blocks are just about done too - it's a great feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blocks look great and so does the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stars are so pretty! I really do need to get step one finished and some squares cut so I can start on my own...

    ReplyDelete